At a glance
- Class size – 6 adults
- Duration – approx 2 hrs 30 min
- Price – £65 per person*
- Days and time – SATURDAYS & SUNDAYS from 11AM
All demonstrations are held at Tiffins.
*Please see terms and conditions
Get in touch to book your spot!
Please let us know if you have any allergies or intolerances before booking any classes. For every paid cooking demonstration, Jay will give the same free to communities in need!
What to expect
You will watch Jay cook different types of traditional Indian rice:
- Plain – with variation brown rice, jeera and saffron
- Mix veg biryani
- Aromatic with whole spice
Vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free.
What you’ll learn
- The different regions , cultures and foods of India
- Understanding about the origins of rice, and the different types of basmati rice
- The history and different types of regional Indian rice dishes and culture
- How to cook perfect rice every time – three different ways
- Understanding about the bacteria in rice and how to cook, cool, re-heat and store rice safely
- How to cook all the different varieties and what dishes to pair with each rice dish
- Time management and how to prepare ahead
- Where to buy the ingredients and how to store them
- Lots of useful information and plenty of time to ask questions
- Clipboard with and paper and pen to take notes as you go along
- All the recipes of the day and a starter portion of rice and whole spices
- You get to try all the food cooked on the day
- Complimentary tea, coffee and water