Marinades & drinks
At a glance
- Class size – 6 adults
- Duration – approx 2 hrs 30 min
- Price – £65 per person*
- Days and time – SATURDAYS & SUNDAYS from11AM
All demonstrations are held at Tiffins.
*Please see terms and conditions
Get in touch to book your spot!
Please let us know if you have any allergies or intolerances before booking any classes. For every paid cooking demonstration, Jay will give the same free to communities in need!
What to expect
You will watch Jay make different types of:
- Authentic marinates to use on vegetables, meats and fish. Please note that there will not be any meat or fish used, just demonstrations on plant based meat substitutes
- Popular authentic Indian drinks – Chai, & different types of Lassis
Vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free.
What you’ll learn
- The different regions , cultures and foods of India
- Learn about the different type of marinates used in different regions of India
- Different types of marinades for vegetables, vegetarian dishes, different types of meats and fish
- How to use them for barbeque cooking correctly and for indoor cooking
- Learn about the different popular drinks Indian drinks like Lassis – sweet, salty, mango, also with vegan substitutes
- How to make authentic Indian Chai spice blend and Chai
- Learn about the nutritional benefits of the popular ayurvedic turmeric milk and how to make it
- Time management and how to prepare ahead
- Where to buy all the ingredients, how to store them
- Lots of useful information and plenty of time to ask questions
- Clipboard with and paper and pen to take notes
- All the recipes of the day and a starter portion of spices for the marinade and the drinks
- Get to try all the plant based marinades and drinks made on the day
- Complimentary tea, coffee and water