Dhals (lentils & beans)
At a glance
- Class size – 6 adults
- Duration – approx 2 hrs 30 min
- Price – £65 per person*
- Days and time – SATURDAYS & SUNDAYS – from 11am
All demonstrations are held at Tiffins.
*Please see terms and conditions
Get in touch to book your spot!
Please let us know if you have any allergies or intolerances before booking any classes. For every paid cooking demonstration, Jay will give the same free to communities in need!
What to expect
You will watch Jay cook different types of dhals and beans:
- Moong dahl – split green lentils
- Whole urid dhal – black lentils
- Chickpea curry
- Mix bean curry
Vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free.
What you’ll learn
- The different regions , cultures and foods of India
- Understanding about the different types of lentils and pulses and how to cook them and use them in different variations / dishes
- How they are used in different regions of India
- Understanding what is – Tadka
- Time management and how to prepare ahead
- Where to buy all the ingredients, preparation and storage
- Lots of useful information and plenty of time to ask questions
- Clipboard with and paper and pen to take notes as you go along
- All the recipes of the day and a starter portion of lentils
- You get to try all the food cooked on the day
- Complimentary tea, coffee and water