Traditional Indian Desserts and sweets
At a glance
- Class size – 6 adults
- Duration – approx 2 hrs 30 min
- Price – £65 per person*
- Days and time – SATURDAYS & SUNDAYS from 11AM
All demonstrations are held at Tiffins.
*Please see terms and conditions
Get in touch to book your spot!
Please let us know if you have any allergies or intolerances before booking any classes. For every paid cooking demonstration, Jay will give the same free to communities in need!
What to expect
You will watch Jay prepare traditional Indian desserts and sweets:
- Kheer – rice pudding Indian style with spices and bold flavours
- Barfi – Another traditional staple, a bit like fudge but with subtle spices
- Kulfi – Traditional Indian ice cream
Vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free.
What you’ll learn
- The different core, base ingredients used in all different types of sweets
- How to adapt and use different ingredients to make it vegan, gluten-free, less fatty and using natural sugars instead of refined processed sugars
- Where to buy all the ingredients, how to store them
- Time management and how to prepare ahead
- Lots of useful information and plenty of time to ask questions.
- All the recipes of the day and a starter portion of spices for the sweets
- Clipboard, paper and pen to make notes
- Get to try all the sweets made on the day
- Tea, coffee and water will be provided